OPIC Launches Small Business Workshop Series
Last week, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) announced the 2015 schedule for its Expanding Horizons event, the agency’s trademark series of traveling workshops designed to help U.S. small businesses grow and expand to developing countries worldwide.
OPIC is a federal agency that helps U.S. businesses invest overseas, fosters economic development in new and emerging markets and supports U.S. foreign policy. To date, OPIC has supported more than $200 billion of investment in over 4,000 projects, generated an estimated $76 billion in U.S. exports and supported more than 278,000 American jobs.
The upcoming workshops will take place on May 7 in Detroit, Michigan and on June 16 in Long Beach, California. Additional workshops are planned for the fall in Boston, Massachusetts and Nashville, Tennessee.
The day-long workshops will offer information and answer questions about the programs and resources provided by the OPIC to help U.S. small businesses gain access to emerging global markets. This is a unique opportunity to learn about:
- How expanding overseas can benefit your business at home;
- U.S. government programs offering assistance to small-and-medium-sized enterprises planning to go global;
- Political risk insurance and how it can protect your business;
- Accessing capital for your overseas project;
- Current opportunities in the renewable energy and clean technology sector;
- OPIC’s special finance products for small businesses.
Featured speakers include senior federal government representatives from OPIC, the U.S. Trade Development Agency, the Small Business Administration, the Export-Import Bank of the U.S., and the U.S. Department of Commerce. In addition to networking, participants will have the opportunity to arrange one-on-one meetings with OPIC and other government officials.
To learn more visit www.OPICevents.com.