Automated Export System and Compliance Seminar
The Association of Small Business Development Centers (ASBDC) and the U.S. Census Bureau are offering an Automated Export System Compliance Seminar and Workshop in Baltimore, MD in February.
U.S. exporters must comply with the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) and these seminars can help explain how FTR affects your export business, as well as teach you how to use the Automated Export System (AES) to comply with the FTR. It is essential for exporters to fully understand the FTR in order to avoid possible penalties and seizure of export shipments.
The seminar will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2011 from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Martin’s West in Baltimore, Md. The seminar will clarify the FTR and give an overview of the AES. Other highlights include:
* Mandatory Filing Requirements
* Filing timeframes for Puerto Rico
* Types of export transactions: Standard and Routed
* How to avoid penalties and cargo seizure
* Common FTR violations
* Mitigation guidelines
* Export Controls
* Export Enforcement
* Commodity Classification – Schedule B codes
* Using the current Trade statistics to discover new markets.
The following day, Wednesday, Feb. 9, the workshop will be held at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in Baltimore, MD. The training, which will be taught by AES exports is offered from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., will offer AES certification. Other highlights include:
* Hands on training for mandatory export reporting
* Practice reporting export information
* Tips on how to make the reporting process easier
* Learn how to become AES certified
To register, please click here.